Barring any last minute change, Nicolas Pepe of Lille will on Tuesday fly to England for his medicals with Arsenal Football Club.
Le10Sport reports that both teams have agreed a £72million deal for the Ivorian.
With the price, Pepe is now the most expensive player the African continent will ever produce.
It is believed that Arsenal will make instalmental payment for the winger over a period of four years with an initial deposit of £20million upon completion of the deal.
Here are the top 10 most expensive African footballers currently:
1. Nicolas Pepe (Lille > Arsenal) – £72 million
2. Cedric Bakambu (Villarreal > Beijing Guoan) – £65 million
3. Riyad Mahrez (Leicester City > Manchester City) – £60 million
4. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund > Arsenal) – £56 million
5. Naby Keita (RasenBallsport Leipzig > Liverpool) – £52.75 million
6. Mohamed Salah (AS Roma > Liverpool) – £36.9 million
7. Sadio Mane (Southampton > Liverpool) – £35 million
8. Eric Bailly (Villarreal > Manchester United) – £30 million
9. Islam Slimani (Sporting Lisbon > Leicester City) – £29.5 million including add-ons
10. Wilfried Bony (Swansea City > Manchester City) – £28 million