Chelsea will play host their London rivals on Saturday and it’s surely a huge derby for the new season. While the Blues are going into the game with full confidence, the Gunners will be aiming to redeem their image as they were thrashed by Champions Manchester City in their opening game at Emirates stadium. TheEcho’s Babawale Oke brings you major facts and figures as we prepare for the clash of the titans:
- Saturday’s game will be the 196th clash between Chelsea and Arsenal in all competitions.
- Chelsea won five and drew one of their last six home games against the Gunners.
- Arsenal’s last victory at Stamford Bridge was in 2011 when they defeated The Blues 5-3.
- Arsenal have failed to score in four of their last five Premier League visits to Stamford Bridge.
- The Gunners are seeking a first Premier League title for 15 years.
- The Gunners are hoping to avoid losing their first two Premier League games of the season for the first time since 1992/93.