Chelsea midfielder, Cesc Fabregas has opened up on his exclusion from Spain World Cup squad.
According to the former Barcelona star, Antonio Conte shouldbe blamed for not regularly featuring him.
Fabregas has never been considered by the team’s former coach, Julen Lopetegui.
Fabregas who now takes up a role of football analyst with the BBC while featuring on a program anchored by Gary Lineker said he might have been considered if Lopetegui had been sacked earlier.
“Maybe, you never know, you never know.
“I spoke to him at the beginning of last season.
“When Conte first came to Chelsea, I wasn’t playing at all. “He (Lopetegui) just wanted to try to give opportunities to the younger players who he worked with at the under-21s and under-19s.
“Fair play to him, they’ve done well, they’ve been playing well for two years.
“They qualified in style and they deserved their opportunity as well. I just have to wait and keep working,” he said.
The Chelsea midfielder also sympathizes with De Gea on the costly mistake he committed against Ronaldo on Friday.
Fabregas said, “Yeah we don’t, we don’t (see it often).
“For me he is definitely in the top-three goalkeepers in the world.
“Again it’s unusual, it’s an unusual mistake. Me and Rio (Ferdinand) played with him, we know how good he is.
“He gives the defence and the team in general so much confidence. It’s a shame, I feel bad for him.”